Yes, I know, I was quite silent recently. But I had a very good reason for my break as I’ve been working like crazy on a fitted 12th century silk bliaut (dress) for the future Queen of the Kingdom of Meridies.
…and like always – when it comes to special projects like these – the time frame for completion is very limited. The bliaut has to be finished before the upcoming coronation event – preferably sooner than later. However, you find me relatively relaxed as I already made some great progress. Her silk underdress is already finished as well as a good part of the bliaut. I am quite optimistic that I can get nearly everything finished for her second and last fitting at MGT – the Meridian Grand Tournament. Where I hopefully only have to adjust the bottom line of the skirt part. And this is only possible thanks to a dear friend of mine – Mistress Catelin The Wanderer. Catelin was so kind to embroider the embellishment parts of the dress.
Now you might wonder why I am using the embroidery of someone else and don’t do it myself. Well, I am quite fast when it comes to sewing or embroidery. However, a rather complex project like this – a closely fitted 12th century silk bliaut & underdress and elaborate embroidery is just more than one person on their own can handle in such a short time frame.
Apropos embroidery – I still owe you the last pictures of my medieval islamic inspired embroidery project. We will take a look at them today… – enjoy! 😀
…I am sorry, but the following content is restricted to logged in members of my blog.
I hope you enjoyed the last pictures of my very first medieval islamic inspired embroidery project. I have to go back to the eyelets of the 12th century silk bliaut I am working on but hopefully I’ll find some time soon to show you some progress regarding the coronation dress… 🙂
…and here you can find some other postings about this project:
- my super secret project revealed: OvO pouch with medieval islamic inspired embroidery
- Gloria’s OvO pouch with medieval islamic inspired embroidery – my period inspiration
- …my medieval islamic inspired embroidery project – from the medieval inspiration to an actual pattern or “an interesting journey” .1
- …my medieval islamic inspired embroidery project – from the medieval inspiration to an actual pattern or “an interesting journey” .2
- …my medieval islamic inspired embroidery project – from the medieval inspiration to an actual pattern or “an interesting journey” .3
- …my medieval islamic inspired embroidery project – the embroidery