It took a little but I finally managed to turn my 14th century inspired Klosterstich rose embroidery into a cute lid for a reliquary box. 🙂
Well, not that the rest of the box is finished yet but I consider a lid a very good beginning. At the moment I am anyway not quite sure if I want to create an embroidery for the sides of the box too. A plain silk cover for the side part seems like a very appealing idea at the moment. But… Well, you know me…
But mounting the embroidery on top of the lid is just half of the work. A proper looking top also always needs a nice backside. Therefore I am going to take it one step further today and show you how I applied the silk fabric to the backside of the lid. 🙂
I already prepared my rolling frame for a new medieval inspired embroidery project.
But before I tell you more about my new project, I would like to show you the small side project at which I was working during the last days… 🙂
And finally I found the time to finish the 14th century inspired Klosterstich rose embroidery which I started last year.
Yes, I admit it, I neglected this small project a little and worked on several other more urgent projects in the meantime. But after my husbands heart attack last week, I really needed a nice embroidery project to ease my mind.
I think everyone of us has something special that can provide a certain peace of mind. In some cases it is chocolate, some prefer to snack on nuts or have a nice glass of beer or wine, others start cleaning their home,… and well, I prefer to work at my embroidery projects. Well, not that I would reject chocolate or a good glass of wine or beer, but embroidery is definitely my pacifier.
It was not an easy process but I finally decided on a color for the border surrounding my medieval rose and started working at it.
After several additional hours of Klosterstich embroidery during the last days, this section is also finished now. It is really great to see that all sections are now filled with Klosterstich embroidery. 😀
I just managed to fill the rest of the blue background section with Klosterstich embroidery. For the next step I need to decide which color I want to use for the surrounding “frame” section and then fill this last remaining big section with it.
After all the pictures of wire, beads and several “trees of life“, I thought you might enjoy to see some embroidery pictures again. Therefore I have a new sneak peek picture of the most recent progress of my medieval rose worked in the Klosterstich embroidery technique for you. 🙂
And because I know that some of you find it helpful to see a close up photo of the surface of my embroidery as well as a photo of its backside, I also took several detail photos for you…