Again I have a new sneak peek picture of the most recent progress of my medieval rose worked in the Klosterstich embroidery technique for you. 🙂
It was not an easy process but I finally decided on a color for the border surrounding my medieval rose and started working at it.
After several additional hours of Klosterstich embroidery during the last days, this section is also finished now. It is really great to see that all sections are now filled with Klosterstich embroidery. 😀
And here the promised sneak peek for you at my most recent progress concerning my 14th century inspired rose worked in Klosterstich embroidery – enjoy! 😀
As you can see at the picture above, I not only finished the surrounding border, I also found a nice green and filled the small “leaf” sections of the rose. Can you imagine that I had to cut out and redo a part of the blue section because I forgot to leave one of the “leaf” sections empty? *lol* Well, yes, I admit it, I absolutely forgot and embroidered with the blue thread over one of the leaf sections while I was chatting with my sweetheart and watching TV. Therefore I had to undo a rather big part of the blue section later.
And because I thought that you might find it interesting, I didn’t forget to take photos of this process for you while I was working at this section. I already used the same technique to repair some moth damage in my rather big “Weiberlisten”/”Malterer” tapestry. I am very glad that I was able to take pictures of it and can’t wait to share them with you soon. I just need to find some time to put the next parts of the Klosterstich hands-on tutorial together for you. Yes, I will try to start working at it as soon as possible, I promise! 🙂
Concerning the yellow border – well, it was not an easy decision but after trying out several other color combinations including purple, pink, grey, other shades of blue,… as well as some other colors, yellow seemed to be the best fit. The yellow is a great contrast to the blue section and adds a “warm” and “bright” overall appearance to the other colors – unlike the grey color, which let the rest of the colors appear “cold” and “lifeless”.
Last but not least I have to add the outlines next. Picking the colors for the outlines is always a little bit tricky – you have to pick bright colors which rather add to the overall embroidery then causing a disturbance but still visually divide the sections. Well, I am already curious with which color combinations for the outlines I will come up this time. 😉
*wooohooo* Endspurt! I can’t wait to finish this Klosterstich embroidery soon… 😀
If you would like to try this technique and/or pattern yourself you can download the rose pattern and the Klosterstich embroidery handout here: