It took a little but I finally managed to turn my 14th century inspired Klosterstich rose embroidery into a cute lid for a reliquary box. 🙂
Well, not that the rest of the box is finished yet but I consider a lid a very good beginning. At the moment I am anyway not quite sure if I want to create an embroidery for the sides of the box too. A plain silk cover for the side part seems like a very appealing idea at the moment. But… Well, you know me…
However, the lid is finished and the decision will be made – one way or another. Until then please enjoy the pictures of the finished lid for the reliquary box:
And as you can see at this pictures, I decided to add some additional red pearls to the top to spice the embroidery up. Now it looks quite fancy, doesn’t it… 🙂
Well, this project proves again that the right embellishments can make quite a difference.
It might take a while until I will be able to finish the box due to all the upcoming projects which I should be already working at. But I will do my best to find some time for this reliquary box project in the future and to keep you updated about my recent projects. 😀
More about this reliquary box project can be found here: Reliquary box – “Rose”
…and you can find more information about how I made the 14th century inspired Klosterstich rose embroidery lid for the reliquary box project here: