Wooohooo! My new, embroidered arming coat is finally finished! …and yeah, I have photos to prove it!
But first things first! The last week was really intense. All week long I was working like crazy at a special knighting “scroll” due to a very short deadline. I even worked my nights through to make sure that I am able to finish the “scroll” in time. Though my sweetheart might have missed snuggling with me at night, he was very understanding and supportive – thank you hon! I love you! 😀
And finally all the hard work and back pain paid off as I just finished the last details! And damn, it looks pretty amazing if I may say so…
After adding all the eyelets and buttonholes, I took a look at my finished arming coat. Well, what shall I say – it looked nice but also very plain and boring! And I definitely don’t like to look plain or boring in my new arming coat!
Therefore I decided to extend my work at the arming coat project by adding some nice embellishment. And the easiest way for me to add some “bling” is to add some embroidery! Well, why not, some embroidery will definitely not hurt my arming coat… 😉
And before someone else drops the question again about the progress of my armor for SCA heavy fighting and why I am still not in armor… Guys, it’s not finished yet! …I am still working at my arming coat! Really! I swear! *lol*
Well, I hate to admit it but this is not my first arming coat project. Though I’ve never finished my very first attempt of an arming coat, I am quite positive that this new project will be quite different. And I am working hard to make it a success so I can finally mark the arming coat project off my list.
Yeah, it’s true, I started an arming coat project already many years ago. But despite all the work I put into my very first attempt, I actually never got past the initial work of building a padded body form. Well, I guess that you know this kind of project – the more work you put into it, the more disappointed you get with the result. After some time I decided to call it quits and started working at some other projects which promised much better and more satisfying results… Continue reading →