I am very excited about the great progress I made during the last days concerning my very first 12th century belt project. 😀
And it makes me even happier that the new charger for my tablet arrived just in time to charge my tablet again and to take pictures of my next steps for this project.
Sure, I still have plenty pictures of my husbands christmas gift left – the 12th century tunic with the blue dalmatica inspired neckline – which I haven’t posted yet. But I just can’t hide my happiness about my new 12th century belt project and simply have to share the new progress concerning my actual project with you. However, I promise that I will soon post about the remaining steps of the 12th century tunic project and how I made the neckline.
After finishing the lid for my reliquary box, I decided to complete at least one more work step of my 12th century wedding dress keyhole neckline. And I was successful – the sewing part of my keyhole neckline is finished by now and won’t bother me anymore. I just need to add some further embellishments as well as a special finishing step to reinforce the bottom point of the neckline slit…
*sigh* …so many projects and just so little time – I guess that sounds familiar to many of you, doesn’t it… 🙂
Life tried its best to keep me very busy recently but it’s definitely time again to present another awesome patch for my wedding cloak project to you. But wait… it’s not only one patch – I got two beautiful patches from ‘Inan… 😉
During the last year I received many lovely embroidered patches for my 12th century wedding cloak project by mail and in person. Though our 12th century wedding was delayed by at least one year due to the major heart attack of my husband, I haven’t given up on my 12th century wedding clothing project yet – I just took a short break to deal with the whole situation.
And again new news and progress pictures concerning my 12th century wedding clothing project! During the last two days I picked up my 12th century wedding dress again and continued the hand sewing of my keyhole neckline. 😀
The hand sewing part of the keyhole neckline seems to be the most difficult step of this dress project – at least for me. While working at a keyhole neckline I always tend to worry that I might mess up the keyhole neckline somehow – despite all the previous keyhole necklines I successfully completed during the last years. But I guess it is what it is – everyone of us has to fight this battles from time to time… Continue reading
During the last days I found again some spare time to work at the lovely golden keyhole neckline of my dark blue 12th century wedding dress.
And I am very glad to say that I made some good progress. But there is still a lot to do before the hand-sewing part of the keyhole neckline is finished.
New inspiration for our hobby can be quite difficult to find but some books really make a difference. Like the one in which I found the inspiration for my husbands new 13th century under tunic.
Since I started with this hobby, which was more then 10 years ago, I have been searching for interesting and inspiring books. But well, with every new book purchase for my book collection I always take a chance.
During the last days my body demanded some rest and pain killers but somehow I still managed to make a nice progress concerning the keyhole neckline of my 12th century dress. 🙂
Fortunately the change of seasons doesn’t really affect me unless it is a major weather change. I only have to endure some food allergies, occasionally head aches/migraines and the monthly female burden so many of us have to deal with. And though the pain killers manage to calm down most of my pain and get me through the day, they make me unable to think and focus properly on more then just very basic tasks and projects.
And even more progress concerning my 12th century dress today! I think I can say that I am a rather busy hand sewing “bee” at the moment. 😉
After I finished my 14th century inspired Klosterstich rose embroidery two days ago, I already started working at my 12th century dress again. And during the last two days I was able to make some great progress which I can show you now. 🙂
As you know from my latest posting about my 12th century dress project, I finished the main hand sewing of my dress last week. And yesterday I was able to start adding the first embellishment to my dress.
Yesterday, after pinning my long sleeves to my 12th century dress, I really had to be patient. My sweetheart was still at work and the amount of needles I used to pin the sleeves to my 12th century dress was quite intimidating – even for me.
Well, sure, it would have been possible to put on the dress just by myself and I have done it before. But when I looked at all the needles, I decided that it was definitely much easier and much more painless to put on the dress with the help of my husband.
I used the last days very well by doing a lot of hand sewing and am glad to say that I made a great progress concerning my 12th century dress so far.
There is still a lot to do before my 12th century dress is finished but with every day that goes by it seems that I am getting much closer to completing it. This feeling really gives me the power I need to continue after all the hand sewing I have already done till now.