Though the rose embroidery for my friends 14th century hood might appear quite simple at first sight, it is definitely much more complex than it looks like. Well, there is quite some work involved to make it appear so simple, proper and effortless.
Woohooo! I just managed to finish another embroidered rose for my friends 14th century hood project.
It took nearly a week and many tiny stitches but I made some really good progress during the last days. Ok, I admit it, I made most progress during my usual embroidery time at night. But well, I am – and always was – a night owl when it comes to working on my projects… *giggle*
However, I guess that no one is more surprised about this great progress in such a rather short time than I am. Why? Well, my husband brought some organic pears home which a very nice coworker gave him. And I spent about two whole nights with turning about 15kg (ca. 33 pounds) of pears into preserves – mostly pear butter. Yeah, my sweetheart loves pear butter and asked me to make some for him…
I know, it’s about time for another update concerning the 14th century hood project with rose embroidery for my friend Elisenda.
Well, what a great coincidence as I just managed to finish the third rose for her hood! …and not only that, I already started working on the fourth rose! 😀
Despite the small set-back due to the work on my arming coat and a knighting scroll for a friend, I never ceased to dedicate every spare minute to the embroidery for my friends 14th century hood project.
And todays posting is all about roses! …or to be more specific: embroidered roses! Well, you know me, I love me some good rose embroidery from time to time… 😉
After all my sewing related postings concerning my husbands new tunic, the time has finally come to show you some of my hand embroidery again!
And as it happens, I just quite recently started a new embroidery project. Not only that, I already worked several hours on this project and therefore already have a nice sneak peek for you of:
…a 14th century hood with roses (and maybe one or two pelicans)
for my dear friend Elisenda de Luna! 😀
In my previous posting “Working at my 12th century “Saint Michael and the Dragon”“ banner I already showed you the very first steps needed to turn my finished 12th century inspired “Saint Michael and the Dragon” into a small banner for my living room.
My last posting included information about how I chose the fabric and where I found the inspiration for the final shape for my banner project. Furthermore I also wrote about how I attached the embroidery to the surface and how I prepared the final shape of the banner…
Some embroidery projects take more time than others until they finally get finished and my 12th century inspired “Saint Michael and the Dragon” embroidery was such an embroidery project.
I already finished the 12th century inspired “Saint Michael and the Dragon” embroidery in the summer of 2014. Though I really liked the finished embroidery, it laid dormant in one of my project boxes ever since…
Now, that the elevation of my friend Catelin The Wanderer is over, I can finally share the small gold embroidery with you which I made for her elevation dress.
It is always a great pleasure and honor for me to contribute to the special days of my friends. Therefore I was very happy when Catelin asked for some embroidered patches for her dress for her upcoming Laurel elevation.
And today – last but not least – I will show you the final progress pictures of the pearl embroidery for my 12th century belt project! 🙂
Even though I was tremendously looking forward to finishing this quite important embellishment step for my project, I couldn’t help the feeling of a certain amount of sadness as soon as I attached the last pearls to the surface of my new 12th century belt.
During the last weeks I was busy preparing for Gulf Wars and actually wanted to work on my “leg armor” for SCA “Heavy Fighting” today. Given the amount of layers and the thickness of the material I decided to do the sewing with the help of my sewing machine. But, well, after several hours facing a never ending fight with my sewing machine, I think I finally have to face the sad truth. My sewing machine really hates me and doesn’t want to cooperate with me at all. *sigh*
But life is too precious to end the day feeling frustrated and defeated. Therefore I finally decided to stop fighting my sewing machine and to embrace something I really enjoy – my new 12th century belt project and pearl embroidery.
Last time I already added a good amount of pearls to my new 12th century belt but I was far from being done with my pearl embroidery at this point.
The bezants with the additional pearl embroidery look really great but I had the feeling like I could add a little bit more and do better…