Though the rose embroidery for my friends 14th century hood might appear quite simple at first sight, it is definitely much more complex than it looks like. Well, there is quite some work involved to make it appear so simple, proper and effortless.
Woohooo! I just managed to finish another embroidered rose for my friends 14th century hood project.
It took nearly a week and many tiny stitches but I made some really good progress during the last days. Ok, I admit it, I made most progress during my usual embroidery time at night. But well, I am – and always was – a night owl when it comes to working on my projects… *giggle*
However, I guess that no one is more surprised about this great progress in such a rather short time than I am. Why? Well, my husband brought some organic pears home which a very nice coworker gave him. And I spent about two whole nights with turning about 15kg (ca. 33 pounds) of pears into preserves – mostly pear butter. Yeah, my sweetheart loves pear butter and asked me to make some for him…
I know, it’s about time for another update concerning the 14th century hood project with rose embroidery for my friend Elisenda.
Well, what a great coincidence as I just managed to finish the third rose for her hood! …and not only that, I already started working on the fourth rose! 😀
Despite the small set-back due to the work on my arming coat and a knighting scroll for a friend, I never ceased to dedicate every spare minute to the embroidery for my friends 14th century hood project.
And todays posting is all about roses! …or to be more specific: embroidered roses! Well, you know me, I love me some good rose embroidery from time to time… 😉
After all my sewing related postings concerning my husbands new tunic, the time has finally come to show you some of my hand embroidery again!
And as it happens, I just quite recently started a new embroidery project. Not only that, I already worked several hours on this project and therefore already have a nice sneak peek for you of:
…a 14th century hood with roses (and maybe one or two pelicans)
for my dear friend Elisenda de Luna! 😀
And today we are taking a look at the very last pictures of the embroidery for my husbands 13th century under tunic project. I will show you how I created the shell embroidery for my husbands “Order of Compostella”/”Pilgrims Order Award.
After I promised my husband to incorporate all of his SCA awards in the embellishment along the cuffs of his tunic, I waited with the shells until after I finished all the other awards first. Well, at first I wasn’t quite sure how I should realize the pattern with the quite thick “gold thread” which I used for the rest of the embellishment but then I had a striking idea…
And today I have some more pictures of my embroidery for my husbands 13th century under tunic project.
During the last days I was quite busy entertaining a rather bad head cold but today it finally started to clear up again and I am already feeling much better. I can’t tell you what a pleasure it is to be able to think more clearly again and not to sneeze and cough all the time. 🙂
Because of my cold I was not able to take the promised pictures of me wearing my new “Meridian cross cyclas” or some nice close ups of the embroidery but I will try to take this pictures as soon as possible. 😀
And after all my recent postings about the progress of my friends 14th century hood with pelican & knighthood embroidery, I can finally present to you the finished 14th century hood!
The picture at the left was taken shortly after my friend – Sir Thomas Blackmoore (sorry but I don’t remember all the other proper SCA titles he has) – was elevated to the Order of the Pelican.
In my last posting about the “white 14th century XL hood for a friends Pelican elevation – how I created the embroidered Pelican patches” I wrote about the different steps of how I prepared the basic pelican appliqué. Furthermore I also showed you several progress pictures of my embroidery work concerning this first steps.
And today we take a close look at the very next step – of how I embroidered the two different kinds of golden beaks for the pelicans.
With this posting, after all the previous postings about the 14th century XL hood project for my friends Pelican elevation, I am finally reaching the last and major part of the embroidery for this hood project:
…the pelican patches!
In my last posting I already showed you the finished knight belt patches for the 14th century hood for my friends Pelican elevation. And as nice as the knight belt patches already looked like at this stage of the project, they all still looked quite empty, didn’t they – but no for long, that’s for sure… 😀
Yesterday I showed you my first work steps concerning the embroidered knight belt patches for the 14th century hood for my friends Pelican elevation at the Meridian Grand Tournament.
And today I was quite busy again and therefore already have the second posting ready for you, which is showing the next steps of the creation process for the embroidered knight belt patches.